> % egrep '^CRYST|^SCALE|^ATOM|^HETATM.{11}(MSE|PTR|SEP|TPO)' your.pdb >
> standard_residues_only.pdb

I think the original request was to extract particular chains, so
extending the above further to select (say) chain A

egrep '^CRYST|^SCALE|^ATOM.{17}A |^HETATM.{11}(MSE|PTR|SEP|TPO) A' your.pdb >
standard_residues_in_chainA.pdb

Marko

> -- Ian

 Marko Hyvönen
 Department of Biochemistry
 University of Cambridge
 http://www-cryst.bioc.cam.ac.uk/~marko
 tel:  +44-(0)1223-766 044 / 760 468, fax: 766 002