I second Dr. Loll's question, and would like to be CC'd in whatever MS tips,
including
service-providers, are sent. I have been having a bit of a debacle with a
certain MS service provider.

Jacob Keller

==============Original message text===============
On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 11:41:52 am CDT Patrick Loll wrote:

I wonder if anyone would care to share experiences/ideas/biases that
relate to the use of mass spectrometry to verify the identity of
protein constructs used for crystallization.  Our experience with
different MS facilities has been checquered.

Specifically:

        What's the current thinking on the best approach to get masses for
intact proteins of moderate size (say, 40 kD)?  ESI-TOF?
        What kind of resolution should one hope to obtain in such cases
(10E-04?)

Any suggestions as to good facilities offering fee for service MS
characterization are welcome (but should be shared off line, I think;
continental US only).

Thanks,

Pat
---------------
Patrick J. Loll, Ph. D.                                         (215) 762-7706
Associate Professor                                     FAX: (215) 762-4452
Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Director, Biochemistry Graduate Program
Drexel University College of Medicine
Room 10-102 New College Building
245 N. 15th St., Mailstop 497