University of Durham (UK)

Department of Chemistry

Postdoctoral Research Associate (fixed-term)

Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position in the newly established
protein
crystallography  group of Dr. Ehmke Pohl at the Chemistry Department of Durham
University.

The research project is centered on a number of DNA-binding regulator proteins
from
pathogenic bacteria including P. aeruginosa and M. tuberculosis. The aim of the
project
is to determine crystal structures of protein-DNA complexes. The laboratory is
very
well equipped with state-of-the-art instruments for protein-expression and
purification,
nL -crystallization and crystal structure determination.

The successful candidate should hold a Ph.D. in chemistry or biology or a
related field.
She/he should be an enthusiastic team player who enjoys working with biologists
and
chemists in an interdisciplinary environment. We are happy to arrange visits to
Durham
for selected candidates.

Closing date:  24 September 2007.  Reference:  2136.

Informal inquiries are welcome ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Further details of the post and an application form are available on our
website
(https://jobs.dur.ac.uk) or telephone 0191 334 6499; fax 091 334 6495