From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Ngo Duc Tri
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 6:20 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] Question regards to binding affinity of the protein
complex?

Dear CCP4 Users,
I'd like  to solve the structure of the protein-protein complex. I
intend to purify and incubate the complex then run gel-filtration before
setting crystal.
I'd like to know your experience about the Kd value of the interaction
in order to get the complex after running the gel-filtration. In other
words, what is the lowest Kd that we can purify the protein complex
using gel-filtration?
And if the binding affinity is too low to purify the complex, is it
possible to get the crystal of the complex if I just incubate and set
crystal of this mixture?

Thank you very much for all of your advice!
My best regards,
TriNgo
Sungkyunkwan University