Hi all,

just a quick draft report on 10.5 and our beloved programs.

Upgraded an existing 10.4.10 ( by the way you will need ~5 GB to upgrade your existing system), no clean install.

Coot 0.31 does not work (need to upgrade anyway, more sometime this weekend, seems to have troubles with libtiff.3.dylib)
ccp4i 6.0.x works
ccp4 works (tested just some stuff which was hanging out on my local disc with appropriate data e.g. Refmac, DM, Phaser, Molrep, Arp/Warp)
Pymol works
Dino works
Sharp not tested yet
XDS works
CNS 1.1 does not work yet
hkl2map as front end to ShelX does not work correctly, shelx by itself seems to work OK, need to check this
The Uppsala suite works fine

The usual stuff, Word, Endnote,Kaleidagraph, Ragtime, Keynote, Excel, Filemaker works

Fink, not tried yet

Except of having a weird behaviour of X11 e.g copy & paste with middle mouse button emulation via Alt+mousebutton does not work, don't have an external mouse around to test if the real middle button actually works. But in Pymol using the trackpad only, works fine, no differences, so I guess something is broken with my X11.

@Bill,

how about your experience with 10.5 ?

Other than that it's snappier and fancier,

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Bosch
University of Washington