Dear Kay.

If it is still relevant, the following article by Kleywegt and Jones also look at the correlation between R and Rfree as a function of resolution and find it to be: Rfree = 1.065*R + 0.036.

Kleywegt GJ, Jones TA.
"Homo crystallographicus--quo vadis?"
Structure. 2002 Apr;10(4):465-72.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?TermToSearch=11937051

Best Regards
Bjørn
--
Bjørn Pañella Pedersen
Ph.D Student, MSc

Department of Molecular Biology   Office:  +45 89425021
University of Aarhus              Lab:     +45 89425010
Gustav Wieds Vej 10c              Email:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
DK-8000 Aarhus C                  Lab WWW: http://www.bioxray.dk
Denmark

Miller, Mitchell D. wrote:
Have a look at Rfree and the Rfree Ratio. I. Derivation of Expected Values of Cross-Validation Residuals Used in Macromolecular Least-Squares Refinement. Tickle IJ, Laskowski RA and Moss DS Acta Cryst. (1998). D54, 547-557 http://dx.doi.org/10.1107/S0907444997013875 and Rfree and the Rfree ratio. II. Calculation of the expected values and variances of cross-validation statistics in macromolecular least-squares refinement. Tickle IJ, Laskowski RA and Moss DS Acta Cryst. (2000). D56, 442-450 http://dx.doi.org/10.1107/S0907444999016868
Regards,
Mitch