Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position at Cold Spring Harbor
Laboratory from highly enthusiastic individuals with strong interest in
conducting integrated approaches to solve problems in ion channel structure
and function. Our group is interested in understanding the molecular basis
for synaptic transmission by studying synaptic molecules including NMDA
receptors and lipoprotein receptor related protein (LRP). We are
particularly interested in understanding the molecular mechanism by which
the function of NMDA receptors is altered by risk factors of Alzheimer’s
disease including ApoE and beta-myloid directly or indirectly through LRP.
Candidates must hold PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology, biophysics or
related field. Strong background in large-scale protein expression and
purification and/or membrane protein biochemistry is desired. Experience in
x-ray crystallography or electrophysiology is desirable but not necessary.
Candidates should send a CV with three references to:

Hiro Furukawa
Assistant Professor
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
1 Bungtown Road, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724

or by email at [EMAIL PROTECTED]