Forgot to include that it is a Red Hat EL4 OS.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Robert Grant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Dec 12, 2007 3:42 PM
Subject: upgrading ccp4 broke my Coot stereo
To: ccp4bb@jiscmail.ac.uk

I recently upgraded from ccp4 version 5.99.5 to 6.02.
In doing so I have lost the ability to run Coot with hardware stereo.

When I fire up Coot it reports:

Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate loadable module in module_path:
"libbluecurve.s o"

When I try to switch to hardware stereo it says:

CATASTROPHIC ERROR:: in gl_extras no GtkGL widget!
WARNING:: switch to hardware_stereo_mode failed

The new version of ccp4 was downloaded along with the latest Coot,
Phaser, TclTk, and Chooch. Nothing has changed in my
/etc/X11/xorg.conf file, which I had to modify to get the stereo to
work in the 1st place.

It would appear that an environmental variable involving a library
path is missing or wrong but I have not been able to figure out what
it is.

Any ideas?