Hi Adam

We have been using a mosquito robot for more than two years now. Most of our users do hanging drop setups but we also have sitting drops "aficionados" and we image both type of setups. For automatic imaging we are using the CrystalPro system from TRITEK and we have two of those, one at room temperature and one in the cold. They seem to work OK. I said OK not great so you can consider this type of system for your setup, depending on what level of high-throughput you are willing or able to reach.

Hope this helps

Best

Pascal Egea
Post Doctoral Fellow