Dear CCP4 users,

I refined my final model (protein-RNA complex) using TLS refinement in
Refmac but when i am validating the coordinates I am having an issue
with Bond Distances and Bond Angles of some of the bases of RNA, these
values for some of the bases are higher ( >6 times) then the standard
values. I figured that it happened only after REFMAC refinement. The
coordinates before the REFMAC (the last CNS refined coordinates) were found
to be acceptable by the same validation program. So my guess is something
wierd is happening with RNAs only during REFMAC refinement. Although, Rfree
improved by almost 1.5% with REFMAC.

In an attempt to fix this, I ommitted both chains of the RNAs during the
REFMAC (.tls file contains only protein monomers) but that did not resolve
the isssue either.
Is there any way to fix this problem or a way to restrain particular RNA
bases/chains during TLS refinement?

Thanks for your time and help.

Happy Holidays

Yogesh