BESSY operates one of the world's most modern synchrotron radiation sources for VUV and soft X-rays, delivering high quality synchrotron radiation to more than 1300 international users annually. Among other research activities, BESSY operates in collaboration with the Freie Universität Berlin three experimental stations for macromolecular crystallography. To strengthen the BESSY-MX team and to take a leading role in the operation and development of our MX-beamlines we are looking for a:

Beamline Scientist Ph.D.
Ref. E-MX 08

at the next possible date. The strongly team oriented work will additionally require a close collaboration with the structural biology groups of Freie Universität Berlin and the Max-Delbrück-Center Berlin. Candidates are expected to hold a Ph.D. in physics, chemistry or a comparable qualification and have postdoc experiences in macromolecular crystallography with a convincing research record. Furthermore, a proven expertise in the operation and instrumentation of MX-beamlines is highly desirable.

We are offering a tenure-track position with an initially three years contract.

Enquiries should be directed to Dr. Christian Jung, (+49 30 6392- 2944), E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Women are especially encouraged to apply. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other applicants with the same qualification.

E-mail applications will not be accepted. To apply please send a cover letter with the reference code and your complete application documents to:

Berliner Elektronenspeicherring- Gesellschaft für Synchrotronstrahlung m.b.H. (BESSY)
Personalverwaltung
Albert-Einstein-Str. 15
12489-Berlin

http://www.bessy.de

_______________________________

Dr. Uwe Müller
BESSY-MX group

BESSY GmbH
Albert-Einstein-Straße-15
D-12489 Berlin

Phone: +49-(0)30-6392 4974
Fax : +49-(0)30-6392 4975
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
url : http://www.psf.bessy.de

BESSY GmbH - Mitglied der Leibniz Gemeinschaft
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult Joachim Treusch
Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Wolfgang Eberhardt, Prof. Dr.Eberhard Jaeschke
Sitz Berlin, AG Charlottenburg, HRB 14635