This is not entirely uncommon. Did you try removing just one of the two
sites (sometimes it helps) - combined with enzymatic deglycosylation this
may give you good enough protein to work with.

If you try other hosts, I would definitely consider Schisosaccharomyces
pombe - its glycosylation patterns are much simpler. Other likely
candidates include regular bakers' yeast and Hansenula polymorpha. I would
try both the native and the mutant proteins in those hosts.

There are tricks one can play with Pichia to try and make it express the
deglycosylated protein but it almost sounds like you've hit on something
very essential since you're going from good expression down to no
expression.

Lastly, you could try insect cells :)

Artem