From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Co-expression plasmids
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 19:59:09 +0200
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

We have had good experience with the awfully simple minded approach of using
two pET vectors with different antibiotic resistance.Its the easiest thing to
do, and it often works ...
Apologies for the shameless plugin, since there are many good papers on the
subject, but you can read some hints and case studies at:
http://scripts.iucr.org/cgi-bin/paper?S0907444906031003
(its Open Access)
A.

On 2 Apr 2008, at 19:39, P Hubbard wrote:Hi,

If you are expressing just two proteins, you could try a single pET vector with
a pCDF vector. The only reason I'm suggesting this is that I had trouble with
pET-Duet, but doing each one separately worked first time (plasmid size
issue?). I used pET24-a and pCDF-1b - so I had one construct untagged, and the
other with a cleavable His-tag.

Cheers

AGS