A two year post doctoral position is available at Leiden University, The
Netherlands (http://www.bfsc.leidenuniv.nl/) in computational methods
development.  The position will be for the derivation and implementation
of new algorithms for exploiting all the available information in
macromolecular crystal structure solutions using multivariate statistical
methods.

To get a better idea of the methods we use, check out our references for
some applications already done:
(http://www.bfsc.leidenuniv.nl/software/crank/references.html)

The methods are implemented within our Crank suite
(http://www.bfsc.leidenuniv.nl/software/crank/) [*]

and in Refmac in collaboration with Garib Murshudov
(http://www.ysbl.york.ac.uk/~garib/refmac/latest_refmac.html#experimental).

A good knowledge of mathematics/probabilistic methods and computer
programming is important for the successful completion of the project.

Funding for this position is from the Dutch organization for scientific
research (Netherlandse organisatie voor wetenschappelijk onderzoek:
http://www.nwo.nl).

For more information, please feel free to contact me!

* An official (and *much* improved) version of Crank will be in the
upcoming CCP4 6.1 release and from our web site in Leiden - I'll send
another email when it is available for download.