Hi All
I have a data set of Se-Met crystal 3.65A resolution collected at Inflection
and peak wavelength. Also I have a data set at same resolution in native form.
The protein size is 28000 dalton. I dont have any model for this protein. So I
started to find the heavy atom peak search to find out "Se" positions using
Shelx programe. From ShelxD and E, I got refined 12 Se sites with two molecules
per AU. This prediction is consistent with the expected number of Se
incorporation per molecule.
Since I dont have any model for my protein, I am not able to go beyond this.
Though I'm trying to reproduce good diffracting crystals, they diffracts at
this level only. Some native crystals diffaracting upto 3.29A. But they are
twinned data set. So it is tough to process those data set.
Can I do phasing for the model with the present 12 sites. Please give me your
suggestions for this problem.
Thank you
Sajid

      From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India. Go to