cphasematch will do that for you. Pick the "Phase comparison" task from the clipper-utilities moledule. Select the 'Match origin and hand' button, and an output MTZ box appears.

It'll work out the shift for you, as long as you have some sort of phases for both cases.

This'll only work though if the cell constants are close enough that you can actually merge the MTZ's sensibly. If that is not the case, you are really looking at a cross-crystal averaging calculation.

Jianghai Zhu wrote:
Hi All,

I have a data set with experimental phases. I would like to shift the origin of the phases so that it matches the origin of another data set and phases, which has different cell constants. Any suggestion of what tools has the ability to do this? i.e. shift the origin by (0.0, 0.0, 0.5). Thanks.

-- Jianghai