Debajyoti Dutta wrote:

Hi all,

I have a dataset giving contradictory results. When I am trying the molecular replacement with Amore and Molrep autoMR it is automatically taking trimer but upon running BALBES it is taking tetramer. The cell content analysis is also supporting the trimer condition. It is a P1211 space group.

I am confused with the results. But the tetramer is yielding a good decrement of R free and R factor.

Thank you for your attention and suggestion in advance.

Yours sincerely
Debajyoti Dutta

Amity

Once you get a MR solution, it is always useful to look at the crystal packing in the unit cell, or better yet several adjacent unit cells, and look for gaping holes or unacceptable overlaps. The correct cell contents are often more obvious after this type of examination.

Cheers,

Roger S. Rowlett
Professor
Colgate University Presidential Scholar