A post-doctoral position is available in the Morais laboratory at the
University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) in Galveston, TX.  Our laboratory
uses a combination of X-ray crystallography, cryo-electron microscopy,
cryo-electron tomography, protein chemistry, and bioinformatics to study the
structure and assembly of viruses and other large macromolecular complexes.
Individuals trained in any aspect of structural biology are encouraged to
apply, especially those with  experience in cryo-electron tomography.  We also
encourage applications from candidates with experience in virus growth and
purification who want to learn structural biology  techniques.

X-ray crystallography resources at UTMB include two X-ray area detector
systems, a Phoenix crystallization robot, a Minstrel crystal imaging robot, and
an Alchemist liquid handling robot.  Additionally, as a member of the  Gulf
Coast Protein Crystallography Consortium, we have ready access  to the protein
crystallography beam line at the CAMD synchrotron in Baton Rouge, LA.  The
cryo-electron microscopy facility at UTMB has three JEOL electron microscopes:
a JEM2200FS equipped with an in-column energy filter, a JEM2100, and a JEM
1010.  The facility is unique in that infectious agents can be imaged on the
JEM2200FS under BSL-3 conditions.  Additionally, the center is also equipped
with an FEI vitrobot to facilitate sample freezing.

Interested parties should send a CV and a list of 2-3 references to Dr. Marc
Morais at 301 University Blvd, 6.614B Basic Science Building, Galveston, Texas
77555-0647, or via e-mail at [EMAIL PROTECTED]