Matt, there should be also a material called PBE94 for pH range 9 to 4 (and another one called Pharmalyte for high pH) to pack your own column. It worked pretty well for our protein and is not in the high price region of the MonoP column.
Best,
Guenter

Matthew Chu wrote:
Thanks Guenter and Andreas,

Yea, I have taken a look for the Mono P before, I thought the material they used in Mono P is basically the same as in Mono Q and I found the book "Protein Purification Protocols: Second Edition" by Paul Cutler mentioned that phosphate buffer can also generate a continuous gradient....that's why I reckon we can also perform pH gradient in Mono Q. But I am worrying if it is a good idea to go for it, as both mono Q or mono P are quite expensive.

Matt