Bernhard Rupp wrote:
I quote from these pages:

"Bijvoet pairs are Bragg reflections which are true symmetry equivalents to a Friedel pair. These true symmetry equivalents have *equal amplitudes, even in the presence of anomalous scattering*."

   This is poorly worded.  I would change it to

A Bijvoet MATE IS A Bragg reflection which IS A true symmetry
equivalent to THE Friedel MATE OF SOME OTHER REFLECTION. These true symmetry
equivalents
have *equal amplitudes, even in the presence of anomalous scattering*.

   Note that the Bijvoet mate is symmetry related to the Friedel mate
not the original reflection.

Dale Tronrud

Sounds more like centric or perhaps simply symmetry related to me.

A few lines below:

" A Bijvoet difference refers to the difference in measured amplitude for a Bijvoet pair"

I don't think you can have it both ways ??

BR