On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 02:00:45PM -0700, William Scott wrote:
> Is this true for native aqua gui programs, or just the X11 ones?

According to Warren Delano, the PyMOL developer, it's affects native
apps as well:

http://tinyurl.com/6ohzfc

I emailed him for clarification and he replied:

"as soon as any other window overlaps the stereo 3D OpenGL context (e.g.
a File Open Dialog...), Mac OS starts randomly dropping screen updates,
causing PyMOL's UI to become unusable."

I have second hand reports that O works with stereo 3d under 10.5, but
I haven't seen it personally.

-ben

--
Ben Eisenbraun
Structural Biology Grid                           Harvard Medical School