Yup, refmac too.

Pavel Afonine wrote:
Not sure for other software, but in phenix.refine you can request to output I*mFo-J*DFc map, where I and J are any user specified values.

Pavel.

On 7/7/2008 6:00 PM, Meyer, Peter wrote:
It is redundant, but it adds an additional step if someone wanted to calculate something like a 3mFO-2DFc map.

Thanks,

Pete

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Cowtan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Mon 7/7/2008 10:18 AM
To: Meyer, Peter
Cc: CCP4BB@jiscmail.ac.uk
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Definition of Fourier coefficients
Probably because in the classic implementation it is redundant, D being derived directly from sigmaa.

Some programs refine D and sigmaa (or equivalent terms, such as Lunin's alpha and beta) separately. This is conceptually equivalent to deriving D from sigmaa and refining the scale between Fo and Fc simultaneously with sigmaa.

Kevin

Meyer, Peter wrote:
Slightly off-topic from the original question, but is there a reason that most programs don't output D for sigma_a coefficients?

Pete