From: Jenny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thursday, July 10, 2008 11:00 am
Subject: [ccp4bb] how to promote folding for an unfolded protein
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

> Dear CCP4 community,
>
> Sorry for this off-topic protein purification problem.I'm trying to
> purifyan immunoglobulin-like beta sheet protein  with a  c-terminus
> HIS construct.
> The protein expressed both in the supernat and pellet ( majority ). I
> purified the supernat and after run gel filtration, it's in the
> void volume.
> I also tried to purify from the pellet,and do dialysis refolding (
> with and
> without L-arg ), after overnight dialysis, I run the gel filtration
> column,the apparent molecular weight looks like dimer/trimer. But
> when I did a CD
> scan of the protein, it's showing an unfolded protein profile.I was
> wondering if there is anyway to promote folding,or if anyway that
> can make
> some mutations to make it foldable.Any input would be useful.
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Jenny

begin:vcard
n:Buckle;Ashley
fn:Ashley Buckle
tel;fax:(613) 9905 4699
tel;work:(613) 9902 0269
url:http://www.med.monash.edu.au/biochem/staff/abuckle.html
org:Monash University;The Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
adr:;;Clayton Campus;Melbourne;Vic;3800;Australia
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Dr
end:vcard