From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ed Pozharski
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 2:31 PM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] pdbset bug - seqres record

There is a bug in pdbset: when you output a sequence (using "SEQU PDB"), the
residue names are shifted to the left by one position.  Here is how it looks
like:

In PDB-file downloaded from the PDB:
SEQRES   5 A  171  ALA THR CYS ...
PDBSET output:
SEQRES   5 A  171 ALA THR CYS ...

I looked in the fortran code (CCP4 6.0.2) and it appears that this line:

 6601             format ('SEQRES',i4,1x,a1,1x,i4,1x,13a4)

should be corrected like this

 6601             format ('SEQRES',i4,1x,a1,1x,i4,2x,13a4)

I stumbled upon this when trying to insert SEQRES records into a pdb-file for
processing in hydropro.  Don't know if it's important anywhere else, but
hydropro can't read the sequence if it's shifted.

--
Ed Pozharski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
University of Maryland - Baltimore