Hi Citizens:

I realize this is one of those warranty-violating questions, but is there a simple way to down-weight figures of merit, or the equivalent in terms of Hendrickson-Lattman coefficients?

I'm trying to generalize and automate a procedure for solving RNA structures without heavy-atom phases by feeding phaser random-sequence model A-form RNA helices. It pretty much works, but there comes a point where I want to use the phase probability distribution from the partial/inaccurate model in solvent-flattening while discarding the model, with the hope of minimizing model bias. The problem is that if the refinement of the partial/inaccurate model goes reasonably well, the FOM become inflated to the point where solvent-flattening becomes less effective for improving and correcting phases.

Thanks.

Bill Scott