I was wondering - why is imidazole bad for proteins?

I've always heard that high concentrations are "bad" for proteins, but a
bit of googling did not reveal the answer. Does it actually react with
side chains, or cause unfolding/aggragation?

Just wondering...

Good tip with the His-SELECT media - thanks Artem!

Ed

______________
T.Edwards Ph.D.
Garstang 8.53d
Astbury Centre for Structural Molecular Biology
University of Leeds, Leeds, LS2 9JT
Telephone: 0113 343 3031
<http://www.bmb.leeds.ac.uk/staff/tae/>
http://www.bmb.leeds.ac.uk/staff/tae/
<http://www.bmb.leeds.ac.uk/staff/tae/Research>
"The doubter is a true man of science; he doubts only himself and his
interpretations, but he believes in science". ~Claude Bernard