From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mark Collins
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 9:48 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Expression vector with NdeI-ClaI sites

Or do the new school cloning, SLIC (Sequence & Ligation Independent
Cloning) and "subclone" into any position in a vector.
This method uses a PCR product and vector, the PCR primers have 20-40bp
overlap with a region in the vector. Mix cut and purified vector with PCR
product.  Digest with T4 polymerase, quench, and transform.
When I do the PCR in the morning I have clonies the next day.

REF:
Harnessing homologous recombination in vitro to generate recombinant DNA
via SLIC
Mamie Z Li & Stephen J Elledge
Nat Meth V4(3) pp 251

Mark