Hi everybody,

we have solved the X-ray structure of a GFP (green fluorescent protein)
containing complex. During refinement of the structure we now encountered
the problem of connecting the GFP chromophore covalently to the polypeptide
chain. We introduced the chromophore to our model as a separate ligand with
separate toplogy. So far we could not find a way to integrate it in the
primary sequence.

Any idea how this problem can be solved? Which programs might be useful?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best,

Sheng & Axel

Dr. Sheng CUI     崔胜

Gene Center
University of Munich
Feodor-Lynen-Str. 25
81377 Munich, Germany

Tel: +49 89 2180-76984
Fax: +49 89 2180-76999
e-mail:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Web:    <http://www.lmb.uni-muenchen.de/hopfner/welcome.html>
http://www.lmb.uni-muenchen.de/hopfner/welcome.html