Hello,
I have been building a protein model (resolution 2.2A) which has one
small loop of 6 residues having poor density. I cannot see any side
chain in this region but I can see relatively poor main-chain density
which at least clearly indicate the loop conformation. I am trying my
best to build polyAla chain in this region. But 3-4 residues end up
coming in disallowed region of Ramachandran plot. I think the problem
is - in this region i can not even build the main chain atoms with
high confidence.
Can I build polyGly in this region? or should I just leave this
region? I just don't feel like leaving this region empty.
Any suggestions in this regards is highly appreciated!
regards
Joe