From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Donnie Berkholz
Sent: 17 November 2008 22:41
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Crystallographic computing platform
recommendations?

When choosing a Linux distribution, look for one with crystallographic
software available in a package repository so you don't have to waste
time dealing with that. No matter how convenient a software project like
CCP4 tries to make it to install by hand, it will never integrate with a
system as well as packaging designed to do so.

Ubuntu, Fedora/RHEL, and Gentoo all have crystallographic packages
available somewhere. From that point, it's just a question of what
you're most comfortable with.

--
Thanks,
Donnie