Hi,

I have been working on the 2A data. Though almost done, R/Rfree was around 0.20/0.27. Then I noticed that structural factors were reindexed from P222 to P212121 after scaling/merging in the early process (I am finishing up a little bit old data). To escape any problems from wrong merging of structural factors, I reindexed the raw mtz first and scaled/merged again.

As new scale/merge assigned new test set of structural factors, R/ Rfree after 10 new cycles of refmac5 refinement was quite low around 0.20/0.23. With a hope to make the new test set truly free, I ran almost 300 cycles of refmac5 refinement. Then R/Rfree converged to 0.20/0.25.

However, I am not sure whether this improvement was really from correcting order of scale/merge and reindex, or still from including previous test data in the new refinement.

Thanks,

Young-Tae

Young-Tae Lee, Ph. D.
Research Associate