In addition to the possible problem Ho mentioned (DNA conformational
changes), a few other things could effect how doable it is: percentage
of DNA vs protein in the complex and the resolution of the data.
Too little DNA mass wouldn't help phase the remainder of the complex, if
it could be located.  Too low resolution and the completeness of the
model gets worse for phasing (but too high resolution and you might run
into issues with slight changes in DNA conformation causing problems
searching).
You might also want to look into Bill Scott's paper where he was doing
MR on an RNA molecule using small RNA stretches (I don't have the
reference at the moment).

Pete