Hi Frank,

of course R_pim is just one number and it may not be discriminatory
enough to decide when to stop including images. But I can say from
my own experience that R_pim will not drop forever. I have seen
data sets with R_pim values of 0.5% to 2.0 A or better resolution,
but never R_pim values significantly smaller than that (even with
the redundancy approaching 100). You may try this out yourself.
I bet you that R_pim will eventually go up again after a few
revolutions when radiation damage kicks in. The real question in
my opinion is, when is the deviation from the 1/(N-1) drop such,
that you would want to stop including more images.

Cheers, Manfred.

*                    Dr. Manfred S. Weiss                          *
*                         Team Leader                              *
* EMBL Hamburg Outstation                    Fon: +49-40-89902-170 *
* c/o DESY, Notkestr. 85                     Fax: +49-40-89902-149 *
* D-22603 Hamburg                   Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
* GERMANY                       Web: www.embl-hamburg.de/~msweiss/ *