I have battled a similar piece of structure in a recent project.  There
is no software in crystallography that can handle hierarchical alternative
conformations w/o tricks.  I was refining in Shelxl but the same trick
will work elsewhere.  I had to define a new residue type, with two heads.
The A conformation had atoms for both heads.  The B conformation didn't
have atoms that couldn't be seen.  I was missing the entire side chain
in that conformation so the SC had no atoms.

   Besides creating the new geometry restraint library, you will have to
ensure that no bad contacts are flagged between the two heads.

   In Shelxl you can tie all the occupancies together properly, with
a couple annoyances.  In other programs you are on your own.

   Another possibility is to create four conformations for the entire
stretch but then you'll have to have the program keep many pairs of
atoms superimposed.  I don't know if Refmac has that feature.

   You will, of course, have difficulties when you deposit this thing
with the PDB.  There is no way to correctly represent your model in
a PDB file, nor I believe in mmCIF.  It may be reasonable to switch
to the four conformation model for deposition, since you will not
have to worry about enforcing the superposition of atoms any longer.
That may be clearer to people who use the model at a later date.

Dale Tronrud