Hi Andy:

Just be very careful of special pleading type arguments. I really think this is trying to tell you something, along with the Ramachandran plot. On a more practical level, the PDB will flag it when you try to deposit it. There is something wrong.

It might be worth making a composite-omit map in CNS, and if you have experimental phases, go back and look at the original MIR (or whatever) map. Double-check the space group is right.

Do all that before you change any defaults.

It is very good by the way you are asking for feedback at this stage. If it turns out there is a problem, it is much better to catch it now. Also, if you do have to do something non-canonical during the refinement, the burden is placed on the paper's authors to justify why. So either way this will be time well spent.

Best of luck.

Bill