Bram,

If you use the beta-test autotracing SHELXE, the .pdb file containing
the poly-Ala trace also contains the space group. You presumably meant
that the space group is missing from the SHELXL and SHELXD .pdb files,
but of course you can read the .res files into Coot.

George

Prof. George M. Sheldrick FRS
Dept. Structural Chemistry,
University of Goettingen,