From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:ccp...@jiscmail.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Anita Lewit-Bentley
Sent: 16 March 2009 14:59
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] LSQKAB error

Dear all,

I am trying to compare several related structures using LSQKAB. In order to refine the superpositions, I'd like to use the option "radius", to see the relative postion of certain residues within a given distance from a common point.

The programme reads the commands OK:
" ALL ATOMS MORE THAN 30.000 ANGSTROMS FROM REFERENCE POINT 46.520 37.890 40.280 EXCLUDED"

as well as the fixed input coordinate file:

"  Logical name: XYZIN2  File name: wtC_on_MnA_SSM.pdb
  PDB file is being opened on unit 1 for INPUT."

No sign of any other file being opened/read, but the following error message is output instead:

" LSQKAB:   ERROR: in XYZADVANCE file has not been opened
 LSQKAB:   ERROR: in XYZADVANCE file has not been opened   "

and the job stops.

This happens for both ccp4 versions 6.0.2 and 6.1.1.

Is there a working version of the programme somewhere? If not, what other programme could do the same thing (in a simple way...)?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Anita

Anita Lewit-Bentley
Unité d'Immunologie Structurale
CNRS URA 2185
Département de Biologie Structurale & Chimie
Institut Pasteur
25 rue du Dr. Roux
75724 Paris cedex 15
FRANCE