Liew Chong Wai wrote:
Hi,
Good day I am currently building my structure by using COOT. My protein is a tetramer protein and I have fit my protein sequence into one of the monomer of the homologous model. May I know how can I replace other monomer with the amended monomer??
Thanks
*Chong-wai*
Hi Chong-wai,
Several possibilities to generate the tetramer from the monomer, let say A.
You can calculate the RT matrices ( in CCP4 or using LSQMAN and MOLEMAN2 or using O for example) to superpose the monomer A onto B, C and D and then apply these matrices to the amended monomer (A) in order to generate the tetramer. You can also superpose the monomer A onto B in COOT by using SSM or LSQ and save the new position as monomer B in COOT.... etc... and then you can generate 4 monomers and the tetramer. Do not forget to change the chain ID before refinement.
Best regards,
David

--

David Cobessi