Leiman Petr wrote:
Every other week this question comes up!

This is Geometry 101 or beginner's geometry!!!
http://www.euclideanspace.com/maths/algebra/vectors/angleBetween/index.htm

I am not sure if it possible to understand _anything_ in crystallography if it is not clear how to calculate an angle between two vectors!
Honestly,

Pet
I don't think many job interviews for crystallographers these days include a question on how to calculate the angle between two vectors. Sure a background in math, physics, or computation is a valuable asset, but it is no longer essential as it was 2-3 decades ago. Crystallographers may have dumbed down in the math department but they have smartened up in other areas.

Bart