The position is available in the group of X-ray crystallography, Department
of Cellular Biochemistry (Prof. Reinhard Lührmann).

The project is part of the extensive effort of our department towards
understanding the structural basis of the spliceosome function. The
spliceosome is a multi-megadalton molecular machine which consists of over
150 proteins and a complex RNA network. This makes it one of the most
challenging crystallographic targets that can be imagined.

The activities will include recombinant protein isolation, biochemical
characterization, crystallization, structure determination and further
complementation by biochemical and genetic methods.

We have excellent labs for recombinant expression in E.coli and insect
cells, wet labs with various chromatography systems, state of the art
crystallization facilities, good computational infrastructure and easy
access to more synchrotron beamlines.

The applicant should have a MSc or a BSc diploma in biochemistry, biophysics
or related fields and some research experience in a laboratory.

Please send your application, including a CV and a list of referees to Dr.
Vlad Pena via e-mail (vp...@gwdg.de).

                                                                          .

Vlad Pena, PhD

Department of Cellular Biochemistry

X-Ray Crystallography

Am Fassberg 11, D-37077 Göttingen, Germany

Phone: +49 (0)551 201-1591