Dear Bill,

I can confirm what Stuart says: independent of Grateful Dead, the new QtMG from the download2-site is not flickering at all.

Best regards,

Dirk.

Am 28.04.2009 um 15:57 schrieb Stuart McNicholas:

Dear Bill,
CCP4MG is undergoing a major rewrite; this is mostly complete. The new version does not use X11 at all and should be generally much more stable. It is not yet hosted on the CCP4 site - my fault, sorry. You can get it from:

http://www.ysbl.york.ac.uk/~ccp4mg/download2/

Best Wishes,
Stuart McNicholas

William G. Scott wrote:
Hi Citizens:
Today I decided to try ccp4Mg, to see what I have been missing. I downloaded the CCP4 website precompiled version.
OS X intel iMac.
When the program starts up, a window appears, and it is flickering at a rapid frequency. I closed it before I had a seizure. I had to quit the X11 server. Even after I did all that, I noticed that a region of my LCD monitor corresponding to where that window was located before I closed it is STILL flickering. As far as I am aware, I was not trying to do hardware stereo, and my wife forbids me from listening to the Grateful Dead.
Any suggestions on how to get this to behave?
Thanks in advance.
Bill

Dirk Kostrewa
Gene Center, A 5.07