Hi all,

Maybe this is more of a statistics/normalization question, but say you have the same molecule crystallized in two different states. How would you put their refined b-factors (directly from the pdb) on the same scale and say compare the b-factors of residues in the binding pocket? I figure some normalization scheme is involved, but are there any specific examples ? (quantile normalization? z-score?)

Are there any papers that discuss interpretation of b-factors (being a crystallographic property) to the relative dynamics/flexibility of the residue in the crystal (and subsequently in solution if the residue is not a crystal contact?). I'm particularly interested in the dangers of such an interpretation.

Thanks!

FR

Francis Reyes M.Sc.
215 UCB
University of Colorado at Boulder

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 67BA8D5D

8AE2 F2F4 90F7 9640 28BC  686F 78FD 6669 67BA 8D5D