Thank you for your reply. I don't actually see anything interacting with what would be the second SH of the DTT. The atom opposite the Cys sulfur is at a distance of 3.0 A (could this eventually suggest hydrogen bonding)?? I have been looking at examples in the PDB, and have found a few protein structures where the first S of an extended DTT is 3.0 A away from the S of Cys. Is this feasible for 2 sulfurs to be 3.0 A apart, and can I apply this to my structure?
Lynn

Markus Rudolph a écrit :
Lynn,

if DTT is connected via its sulfur to Cys (2.03A distance), it is oxidized and the DTT is extended.

The interesting question then is: why do you see such a constellation since the cyclic oxidized DTT is more stable than the linear with a nearby thiol group? could the second SH in DTT be involved in another interaction?

HTH,

Markus

Markus Rudolph               phone:  +41  61 68-86420
Dept. Mol. Struct. Biol.
Georg-August University      e-mail: markus.rudo...@bio.uni-goettingen.de
Justus-von-Liebig-Weg 11     www.img.bio.uni-goettingen.de/ms-www/index.html
37077 Goettingen, Germany