From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:ccp...@jiscmail.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Patrick
Loll
Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 11:18 PM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] low UV reading on AKTA prime

I second Scott's post.  About the only problem we've had with our Akta
instruments is this type of degradation of the filter. I'm not sure what the
mechanism is, but the filters do seem to crap out after a while, at least in
the cold room (oxidation? I have no idea of what the filter is made of...).

Pat