we have excellent experiences with cocoamidopropylbetaine (CAPB)
especially in SAXS experiments of protein-protein and protein-rna complexes,
js

At Thu, 9 Jul 2009 17:57:36 -0700, Susan Tsutakawa wrote:

Hi Bill,

5-10% glycerol usually helps in the majority of cases.  However, some
proteins require a scan of different conditions and different protein
concentrations.  Like everything else, it's protein dependent.
Changing the wavelength can also make a difference.  I also know some
SAXS beamlines like at the APS have capillary flow cells so they just
do hit and runs.

Susan