Arnon Lavie wrote:
Hi - I would like to calculate the difference of two columns in a mtz file - specifically of the native and heavy atom structure factor columns. The difference should be in a new column. What is the easiest way of doing this?

Arnon

sftools will do this. Here is a script to calculate something different but a similar idea.

#!/bin/csh -f
#  Run sftools to calculat I and SIGI from  F and SIGF, and append results
#  Scale both by 0.001
#
#
# mtzdmp /y/people/ccp4/cadd/hipip.mtz
# P21
# H K L FP SIGFP DANO SIGDANO

sftools <<eof
read /y/programs/xtal/ccp4-4.2.1/examples/toxd/toxd.mtz
CALC J COL ITOXD3 =  0.001 COL FTOXD3 * COL FTOXD3 *
CALC Q COL SIGITOXD3 = 0.002 COL FTOXD3 * COL SIGFTOXD3 *
WRITE toxd+I.mtz
END
eof