Matthew,

Here's my $0.02:

Try more sophisticated twin tests such as xtriage from phenix or Ctruncate from
the latest CCP4 distro.  Both programs include multiple twining tests.  Second,
your R-factors seem very reasonable for a well refined structure missing 20% of
a not-so-well ordered domain.  If it ain't broke?  Thirdly, if you do have a
true twin fraction of 0.5, you have a hemihedral twin which cannot be detwinned
-- I believe much of the "detwinned" data results in F = 0, could be wrong
about that.  Also, is your data anisotropic (your cell constants seem to be)?
Anisotropy can interfere with twinning analysis.  Lastly, think about
optimizing your solvent envelope - this can make weak density stronger and
improve R-factors as well (the latest CNS has a good implementation of
optimized solvent flattening).

Best of luck,

--Paul