If you want to treat the end result as a single dataset, you're probably better off combining unmerged datasets (two different batches in scala, or two different scaling sets in scalepack).

As far as I understand it, the data model in the mtz files (project/crystal/dataset/column) isn't really set up to allow combining two datasets post-merging; so most likely you'd have to cook up a custom procedure (most likely involving some duct tape, or equivalently dumping to ascii after scaling, merging overlapping reflections, and reconversion to mtz).

Pete

Donald Damian Raymond wrote:
Hello all,
I have incomplete data from two different crystals. Is there a program in ccp4 that I can use to merge the two scaled datasets? I used CAD and scaleit, but it does not give any scaling statistics like completeness and Rmerge. Any help would be appreciated.
-Donald.