I have been trying to get my head around using bucanneer for molecular replacement. I am not sure that I have understood the "specify a heavy atom or MR model" and what this does or the "model to be extended" options.

I am not sure of the difference between the two, and bucanneer will only run on certain models for reasons I do not understand. With many input PDB files cbucanneer tends to crash with "child process killed".

In fact I find that I can just read in the refmac map and the sequence and
model building proceeds more or less as well.

I have donwloaded 1.3 from Kevin site (Linux) but this does not run at all
'bucaanneer-1st-correlation-mode takes logical got ""'

Thanks
Nick

--

Prof Nicholas H. Keep
Executive Dean of School of Science

email     n.k...@mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Telephone 020-7631-6852  (Room G57 Office)
          020-7631-6868  (Rosalind Franklin Laboratory)
          020-7631-6800  (Department Office)
Fax       020-7631-6803
If you want to access me in person you have to come to the crystallography
entrance
and ring me or the department office from the internal phone by the door