Hi Fengxiale,

Have you tried no cryoprotection?  10% PEG4K is probably too low but you may
get lucky.  Since your crystal is already in PEG, you may try increasing the
concentration of the PEG or try just plain ethylene glycol, which may be more
gentle on your crystal than sticking it in glycerol.  You say you started with
25% glycerol and slowly decreased to 12.5%.  Are you doing this by dialysis or
by just sequentially transferring your crystal from one solution to the next?
Dialysis is much more gentle and you should be going the other direction - i.e.
from low conc. of cryoprotectant to high conc (not high to low like you did).
How long are you soaking your crystal in the cryoprotectant solution?  Do
crystals crack immediately or does it take some time?  Oftentimes just a quick
dip is sufficient.  How well does your crystal diffract at room temperature?
Perhaps 3.2 A is the limit even in the absence of freezing.

Good luck,
Eric

Eric Larson, PhD
MSGPP Consortium